Sent time:   Thursday, November 03, 2011 4:39:29 AM
To:; denise renae dobbs <>
Subject:   [GlobalRevolutionMedia] Occupy stravinsky

denise renae dobbs <>
Date: Wed, 2 Nov 2011 23:44:12 -0400
To: Andrew<>
Subject: re: Wrapup Video!!!!! & Invitation to media mtg & Agenda

Hi all,

I'm a co-organizer of Music Guild with Arts & Culture. We are actually having a major concert in the park tomorrow at 5pm. We wanted to get with you sooner to put the word out, but its tough with so many details up in the air!

Please, do whatever you can to put this out there.

Thanks so much,

On Nov 2, 2011 7:10 PM, "Andrew" <> wrote:
Yes Ed, and All:

Everyone is invited to get involved in media in a more direct way, since, if you've noticed, there is no GA stream of footage coming out, and the folks doing need help too, as well as all the independent shooters. It serves us to all participate in creating an open inclusive video/media production house/park where all creativity and education can be as available to everyone. �Please join our meeting at 5pm at 60 wall st in the atrium 11/3.

Ed et al, pls get in contact w all international shooters and have them begin uploading to an ftp or something. Raw video/ and "video selects" are a great thing to compile.� We'll discuss a protocol for upload at tomorrow's mtg (11/3/11) Some of us have begun working on a wrapup video for the movement

Media Info below - - -�

At Media Mtg Thurs 5pm 60 wall st nov 3rd, it serves us to discuss these items in this order:

1.�a. Work space if not permanently, then a list of places available in the area for the next week, and the option of a somehow heated tent, livestream is working on.�
b. Storage space, and whether or not this requires budget, There are a few people on the google group volunteering storage space for the time being. �One idea has been renting a space in the area with a budget proposal.�Vlad's already been researching spaces in BK.�
c. A video or flyer expressing this need, as well as have the community+contacts call out that we need a 24 hour edit space or series of spaces, by day if its all we can find. (This flyer can be made while the meeting happens)

a. Community use/Integration/Education,
b. insurance, storage, review work space.

3. Outreach�
a. Video(s) flyer as a call to anyone wanting to produce/learn together collectively &�email message w flyer. (can be done at the meeting)
c. Create a google doc at the meeting with list of media contacts and resources (I.e. Manhattan Neighborhood Network, Michael Moore, Russel Simmons, the world at large etc etc).

4. Integration of Community/Volunteers:
a. Everyone pls trial run this project organizer:� Click join. If this is right for now, we can put this on the flyer.

5. Charter�

Wrapup Video: accessible for edit.

Intention: To work together on creating a video that addresses the mainstream media and is able to be shown by the mainstream media, that clarifies the process and purpose of the General Assembly at Wall Street.

Most people outside the park have no idea what consensus is, nor do they know about intentional communities or gift economy. We have real solutions and education on these topics in the park. Organizing peoples' needs and offers will quickly make the 1% irrelevant.

"Consensus is not voting. It is an alternative to majority rules voting, almost the opposite. Where in majority rules, voting breeds competition and division, while almost half of people aren't behind the item voted for...:"

I'm wondering, does anyone know if we edited a video with news programs in it, would those same news programs be able to show our video?

I'd like contibutions from groups for specific parts of the video. Each group can submit a paragraph or less of information, for instance, the political reform group can write some constructive ideas and other groups can contribute values and tools.�


On Nov 2, 2011, at 11:51 AM, Kobi skolnick wrote:

Hey friends,
There are few working group across the nation including here in NY �who �have been working hard to build effective communications for skill share from facilitation to finance. I will do my best to give you more detailed update in the coming 24 hours.�
In solidarity,
kobi ��

On Wed, Nov 2, 2011 at 11:38 AM, maralena <> wrote:
hey all,

it's my understanding, although i don't have any updates to give y'all, that some folk who are pretty experienced in movement building, consensus, facilitation, etc. are currently working on ways to support all occupations getting in depth trainings to bring to their communities and GA's.�� hopefully, more from them soon.


On Tue, Nov 1, 2011 at 1:09 PM, laura stout <> wrote:

From: Charlie <>
To: Tamara Shapiro <>
Cc: Kelley Brannon <>; maralena <>; Ethan Buckner <>; Michael Badger <>; "" <>; "" <>; "" <>; "" <>; "" <>; "" <>; "" <>; Casey O'Neill <>; Ezer Vierba <>; "" <>; Kobi skolnick <>; "" <>; "" <>; "" <>; "" <>; Mario Dartayet-Rodriguez <>; "" <>; "" <>; "" <>; Vincent Levy <>; """" <>; """" <>; """" <>; """" <>; ""\"Devin Balkind" <>; Wiljago Jean Cook <>; Joel Feingold <>; "" <>; "" <>; "" <>; "" <>; "" <>; "" <>; "" <>; "" <>; "" <>; "" <>; "" <>; "" <>; "" <>; "" <>; "" <>; "" <>; "" <>; "" <>; "" <>; "" <>; "" <>; "" <>; "" <>; "" <>; "" <>;
Sent: Tuesday, November 1, 2011 12:04 PM
Subject: Communications from NC & SC...

Hello all

This is Charlie from the Mobile Occupation (Occupy Within Tour). Just wanted to keep you in the loop with any communications being sent my seems like there is a growing awareness for the need to send a team down to the other occupations - feedback is that it is very disorganized and they can use some help with learning how to facilitate a GA, etc.

Also, we are set to make an announce to the GA tonight - statement & minutes are on our website. �Looking to coordinate our proposal and begin to connect with other cities... �We are asking for your support...if you want to join the group we meet Monday, Wednesday & Friday @ 11am at 60 Wall.

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From:�Debbie Hall<>
Date: Fri, Oct 28, 2011 at 10:18 PM
Subject: Hi from Charleston

Hey there,

Dallas said you guys were heading to Fla and I was hoping that you would be able to stop in Charleston, SC on the way. �I've been on occupywallstnyc livestream for about 3 weeks everyday and just went to our local GA meeting, which is every Thursday. �It was unorganized with a lot of duplication amongst committees (working groups) which I guess can go with the horizontal model - but one faction of the group wants to be violent from what I was told and broke off from the GA to discuss a direct action that may include that (I was hoping they just meant civil disobedience but I was told they actually want violence). �I think we really need a solid tethering to NYC to get this on the right track. �We could use your help if you can stop here. �It would need to be on a Thursday more than likely, but we could possibly organize outside those parameters if necessary. �It's a beautiful city with some great people and you're welcome to use my home as a base - �I have room to park the bus.

Thanks so much!

Debbie Hall (citizendeb)
From:�General assembly Facilitation <>
Date:�October 24, 2011 12:26:55 PM EDT
Subject:�[owsfacilitation] Fwd: training/support request

Anyone want to take a trip to North Carolina?

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From:�Callie Justice<>
Date: Mon, Oct 24, 2011 at 10:48 AM
Subject: training/support request
To: "" <>, "" <>

Greetings from Durham, N.C. �
We are struggling in the very early stages (maybe a month) of trying to build an OccupyDurham movement. �Things are quite challenging. �There was a lot of initial apparent energy which seems to have dissipated quickly. �Is there anyone there who we could bring down (providing transportation, housing, food) for a visit to train facilitation people in working with a GA approach/framework, and perhaps to help us digest our experiences so far and give us some support? �
I'm writing as an individual at the moment and would appreciate responses from you all that I will then take to the group for further action. �There's a lot of good heart here, but we are floundering pretty severely at the moment. �It looks to me like the right help could make a big difference in how this unfolds. �
Whether you have the resources to offer the kind of help I'm looking for or not, THANKS for all that you do!
With love and good wishes,