I'm for moving tonight's meeting to Tuesday, especially because it didn't get posted online. I'll send out an e-mail now and go to the Atrium at 7 to tell anyone who shows up.
On 11/06/2011 02:34 PM, Leia-lee Doran wrote:
I'm in agreement with the meeting moving. But just for clarification, does that mean that we're moving tonight's meeting or will this take effect for next week?
Moving the meeting to Tuesday also seems beneficial for the sake of taking information / modifying proposals from Monday Spokes to prep for the next spokes meeting.
On Sun, Nov 6, 2011 at 11:52 AM, Christian Smith-Socaris <email@example.com>
Sorry for the late notice (and it seems to have dropped off the events list), but tonight is the weekly communications cluster meeting at 7pm at the Atrium in 60 Wall St. We made a bunch of progress last meeting, but still haven't made it all the way through the audience analysis chart.
Also, attendance at the meeting is dwindling:( Right now the meeting conflicts with a Internet WG meeting and I'm guessing people are fried by the end of the weekend and don't want to finish with a late meeting. I'm going to propose that we move the meeting to Tuesday at 7pm, right after the Info WG meeting. How do people feel about that?
Notes from last meeting (also included in the audience chart):
1. The Spokescouncil has come up with a way to catagorize working groups so the website can just follow that; we don't have to float our own proposal.
2. We went through about a third of the audience analysis chart and came up with the following takeaways:
- Outreach is doing inreach to link occupiers and WGs.
- Want to get liaisons for each group [Drew (Open Source), Ronnie (Outreach)] - ? was this for internet, info or the cluster; can't remember?
- Reach people without internet and who can't go to the park easily: Information hotline with events/announcements. Info will own.
- The community relations hotline is also getting lots of general questions - we should push these people to the website and/or record some basic FAQs on the outgoing message.
- Need to write up and distribute the process for getting materials printed by outreach. [Jonathan will draft and distribute]
- Info and Outreach will collaborate on general orientations for new working groups. Leia is producing a pamphlet of info for WGs as well.
- Social Media: we should have structure for naming handles and hash tags. Should we also have shared accounts [Christian has ows_movement and ows_nycga that could be used collectively]. Training is most important to get more people using sm. Also, we could feed the RSS of the events page to twitter. DiceyTroop had a meeting about tweeting and we need to get looped into that conversation.
- Good to have an online database of groups active in NYC communities (though there are thousands)
- We need to get basic info into the top section of each working groups' nycga.net group page. Also need to expose it all and remove [more] link. [Kevin will get info]
On 10/29/2011 05:55 PM, Christian Smith-Socaris wrote:
We will have the second Communications Cluster meeting tomorrow, Oct 30 at 7pm in the Atrium at 60 Wall St.
The Cluster meeting is an opportunity for people active in cluster working groups to work on issues relevant to all groups and help coordinate our efforts. This meeting will be a continuation of our last where we will further discuss our key audiences, they're information needs and our plan for filling those needs.
Last time we mapped audiences and needs to get a better sense of what our overall communications needs are. You can find the grid here. See sheet 2 of that doc for action items coming out of the meeting.
Other items from last meeting:
We also discussed catagorizing the groups listed on the site so that people can find what they're looking for better. Jake and Leia are taking that on and will send a provisional breakdown to WGs seeking feedback on any group that feels miscategorized.
We also discussed the need to get a list management tool and cooperating on recruiting volunteers. Christian and others are focusing on making CiviCRM our solution for this.
Several people are interested in setting up project management tools for the working groups and will be working on getting a trial collabpress module up as a first step.
Hope to see you on Sunday (tomorrow)!