I know there is a push to get the new NYCGA.CC site up soon.
In the meantime, Devin or anyone like to offer their advice on an
open-source webapp that is project-building-centric. The following
scenario was roughly sketched out. I would like to implement something
for the Arts & Culture groups but possible all groups could use
something with these project-centric features:
- person or group proposes project to system.
- project info goes onto database w/ # of volunteers and skills sets needed.
- community members join project.
- Once the a set number of members &/or skill join, the system emails all.
- steps to move project forward are then worked out and posted:
meetings/production phases/deadlines, are added.
P.s That's truly the next step forward for web apps. I mean how many
times can you "like" a funny photo on facebook before you feel like you
should be harnessing the power of the people to get amazing stuff done.