I'd like to put together a contact list of the people who should be
involved in migrating and configuring the nycga site on its new
hosting server. From my conversations with open source and internet
groups in nyc this looks like:
open source "IT Subgroup"
from Internet Working Group:
Jessica Who Knows Wordpress MU (in Seattle?)
Anybody else who has been involved with the new NYCGA website or who
feels they can contribute.
I'd like to move conversation around coordinating the site relaunch
off-list, since it involves members of both lists, and it will be
easier to sort out from the traffic in the rest of the list. we will
keep our respective working groups apprised of progress thru
reportbacks at meetings.
Once we have a contact list, I'd like to get people's comments on the
roadmap to relaunching the site:
1) wait for the go-ahead from Internet that the site is complete and
ready to launch
2) determine a timeline for scheduled upgrades + bugfixes (like once per week)
3) gather configuration requirements for live site, from dev site (dns
+ apache config, caching)
4) provision needed servers
5) get code and sql dump from Internet to create a test mirror of
6) check for consistency of content across dev and staging sites
7) move the code + content to the production server
8) switch dns for nycga.net / nycga.cc to the new server on Panix
Ideally it looks like we'd like to have this accomplished by mid next
week. (oct 20-ish).
Please reply if you'd like to be kept in the loop on these changes.