I helped a couple of guys known as meerkat organize this production on consensus. It will gain more process instruction soon, and below is a consenus/direct democracy video shot list I wrote if anyone wants to produce more with abe at MNN.
Shot list for more consensus/direct democracy videos. Please pass it on.
1. Transparency-Subject posting a sign on a pole or the internet for a meeting. (Shot of calendar on nycga.net)
2. Non-coercion+ equal voting power. Subjects talking in the plaza? Listening?
3. Balancing rights and responsibility- MCU subjects torso-pen in one hand, a hammer or tool is placed in the other.
4. Tone/body language- subject wildly swings arms aggressively cut to:
5. Check your privilege- "Progressive stack, used at nycga, puts folks from traditionally marginalized groups ahead on the stack". A. CU eyes.
6. "Step back, step up. Notice how much you raise your hand or speak. Be aware of others who have not spoken and the environment that they would feel comfortable doing so. Facing subjects ear, CU of lower half of face, 10 degrees to the rear, subject speaking, framing out eyes. Hands still expressing. Raising hand.
7. Facilitator role: To guide the meeting based on the principles listed of horizontalism, and know that becoming opinionated is a liability to create a percieved position of authority or hierarchy.
8. Prior to bylaws, define organizing principles, reiterate direct democracy principles and process, and display meeting agenda, progress and process.
9. Research the additional hand signals for opinion, concern, question.
Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry