I have a commitment at noon in brooklyn, so can't attend. Pls send notes.
Was there a media mtg this am and if so, can those notes be sent?
Renée Renata Bergan
On Oct 17, 2011, at 4:49 PM, Abraham Heisler wrote:
This looks awesome and absolutely necessary! I will definitely be
there. I'd like to urge other media people to go as well. This is
vital for figuring out our messaging.
On Mon, Oct 17, 2011 at 2:38 PM, Michael Premo <email@example.com> wrote:
Changing the Story and the #Occupy Meme:
Workshop on Occupied Wall Street hosted by smartMeme
Facilitated by: smartMeme strategy & training project
Tuesday October 18, 11:30 AM - 2:30 PM
Lunch provided to RSVPs: firstname.lastname@example.org - subject line: RSVP
Donations graciously accepted, but not required...
16 Beaver St, Manhattan: http://16beavergroup.org/about/#directions
Goals of the workshop:
- Model Share: Present smartMeme's model of narrative power analysis and
- Analysis: Practice narrative thinking about the occupy meme and movement
- Dialogue: Open space for dialogue about deepening and developing narrative
- Relationship Building & Networking: Have fun and build relationships
Who should come?
- smartMeme network folks
- OWS folks
- organizers, media makers, facilitators, strategists and story tellers who
are part of the occupy movement and moment
* Welcoming & getting grounded
* What is story-based strategy all about?
* Reflection on the OWS narrative so far
* The Battle of the Story for Occupy
* Moving forward
The formal workshop will run from 11:30 to 2:30.
We have the space from 11 - 3 for informal networking before and after.
Lunch will be provided - please RSVP email@example.com - subject line:
This is an impromptu workshop, hastily thrown together in the spirit of the
emergent moment...sorry about short notice! We are also in need of a
projector, if you've got one!
Who is smartMeme/What is story-based strategy?
SmartMeme is a national strategy center that offers social justice networks
and organizations the analysis, training and strategic support to win the
battle of ideas with narrative strategies. SmartMeme re-imagines methods to
achieve fundamental social change with effective story-based approaches to
framing that amplify the impact of grassroots organizing and challenge the
underlying assumptions that shape the status quo. Story-based strategy is a
method to link organizing & communications with the power of storytelling
and to bring a narrative power analysis to the project of framing. Learn
more at www.smartmeme.org - or by reading our new book, Re:Imagining Change
- How to Use Story-based Strategies to Win Campaigns, Build Movements, and
Change the World (PM Press, 2010)
Check out our site: www.smartmeme.org
Anti-Oppression Principles: http://smartmeme.org/article.php?id=298
101 tremont st, suite 812
boston, ma 02108
"Whatever you can imagine is real.."