Subject: Re: [GlobalRevolutionMedia] Meeting Notes 5pm Tuesday Oct 18th
From: Christopher Rogy
Date: Wed, 19 Oct 2011 14:12:53 -0400
To: globalrevolutionmedia@googlegroups.com

Great minutes! Thanks.

On Wed, Oct 19, 2011 at 1:58 PM, Renée Renata Bergan <renee@renegadepix.net> wrote:
HI,

was the budget discussion moved to tomorrow's meeting?  don't see it on here...
*************************
Renée Renata Bergan






On Oct 19, 2011, at 1:42 PM, J B wrote:

First up: Introductions

LAWYER:

Agenda Points:
-Streamlining workflow processes/ Centralizing content
-Creative Commons (watermarks, bugs, etc)
-Press Badges
-Budget (consideration for people who've had personal equipment damaged)
-National coordination
-Workshops/training
-Thorin and other livestream crew
-Livestream moderation issues


1.) Content
-We currently operate YouTube.com/OccupyTVNY
-Just secured OccupyTVNY.org
-Building website to support the content

-Proposal:  
-Set up FTP server.  Utilize Glassbead Collective FTP for location.  Use Guy's front end to access content.
-If Glassbead doesn't work, we will find an acceptable FTP
Friendly amendment:
a) Develop Standardized File Ordering System.  Utilize day lock system to order folders easily.
b) Set up drive runner system to deliver content to server at 339 in the interim.

-Proposal
List of websites to post CREATIVE content:

Main Site:
OccupyTVNY.org which will feed content down to the following websites.

Official:
NYCGA.cc 
GlobalRevolution.tv
PROPOSAL FOR TWITTER and FACEBOOK pages directly related to content.

Unofficial:
OccupyWallSt.org
CoupMedia
IndyMedia.org

Proposal:
Create pubic forum where we can discuss topics more in-depth.  Instead of using email threads to discuss topics.
MOVE QUICKLY TO POST LINK TO WEB STORAGE OF LOGOS and OTHER CONTENT.

Discovery FORUM ALREADY EXISTS!

-Passed by consensus

2.) Creative Commons
We are a collective and to that end we share content among the collective, for non commercial purposes.  If a filmmaker would like to sell their own content they are allowed to do so.  If they utilize others content they must seek permission.  
Proposal to use watermarks for Photos submitted to OccupyTV for use by collective.

Tabled until next meeting so EVERYONE can learn more about Creative Commons. Please view EMAIL TITLED: Creative Commons Info

3) PRESS BADGES

Proposal:  PRESS BADGES MUST CONTAIN THE FOLLOWING CONTENT
Text: 
Press
OccupyTVNY
Logo:
Vince will design.

MUST BE DONE IN 48 Hours.

PASSED BY CONSENSUS

4) NATIONAL/GLOBAL COORDINATION
PREMOS EMAIL: 

Proposal:
Once the Global media list is created (VIA Michael Premo) the Global teams will be invited to the discussion.  
Discussion to be started on GA.LOUDFEED.ORG to create a master document with relevant information that we would like to disseminate to the GLOBAL MEDIA teams. 
PASSED by Consensu

5) Workshops/Training
Proposal:  
-Sunday at 12 noon we will have a size limited workshop to meet at the RED TRIPOD. Class sizes will be limited to five people per instructor.  People must signup online or at paper signup sheet.
-We will also post video tutorials online at FORUM to teach people remotely.
PASSED BY CONSENSUS

-This channel does not operate under the GA.
-Thorin is the leader of this channel
-Refuses to embrace horizontal organization
-Thorin maintains that hierarchy is necessary for the quality of his content
-Thorin owns all of the content on his channel.  Refuses to make his content available under Creative Commons licenses

Proposal:

Put working group together to investigate where the money is coming from!-put out an official press release expressing which livestream accounts/websites officially represent OWS (consensed)
-put out an official statements through one of our channels identifying thorins channel as not being responsible to the GA (not consensed)
-Investigate internally how other media groups obtained funds/ through third party donations? (withdrawn)
***
-thorin came to yesterdays meeting and represented himself as the head of the livestream committee->faith asked what his goal was/how will we promote unity->Many people were not in attendance at this meeting
->we will try to get Thorin to the media meeting on Thursday at 5 pm
***
Other topics that came up:
-are we responsible for helping other occupations?
-how are we going to deal with the stolen or damaged equipt?
-possible warehouse space for storage?-> donations for replacements, or itemized line budget/is it something outside the ga->kickstarter or twitter









--
Christopher Rogy
416 Adephi St. Apt 4A
Brooklyn, NY 11238
christopher.rogy@gmail.com

< PREV INDEX SEARCH NEXT >