Would like to get some coverage of this against a politician who has tried to exploit OWS to his own ends- can we get some coverage?
---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: "Adam Weissman" <email@example.com>
Date: Oct 24, 2011 5:54 PM
Subject: Tues, 10/25: Protest Rangel FTA Vote Sellout to Wall Street!
To: "Alexander Penley" <Alexander@penleygloballaw.com>
Protest and Rally to Call Out Charlie Rangel for Selling Out the 99% to
Representative Charlie Rangel has twice visited Zuccotti Park and
expressed his support for the Occupy Wall Street movement. But what he
doesn't want people to know is that he just voted for a free trade
agreement with South Korea that locks in deregulation of Wall Street and
an agreement with Panama that will help corporations avoid paying US
taxes by hiding money in Panamanian banks!
Tuesday, October 25th, 12PM
Adam Clayton Powell State Office Building
163 West 125 Street @ Adam Clayton Powell Blvd.
2 or 3 train to 125th St.
Contact: (718) 218-4523 or (347) 730-3981
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Web: www.tradejustice.net
A contingent from Occupy Wall Street will meet at 10:45AM at the Joie de Vivre (the big red sculpture in Zuccotti Park) to leave for the
Endorsers: Americans Jobs Alliance, Global Justice for Animals and the
Environment, Harlem Fightback Against Wars At Home and Abroad, Harlem
Tenants Council, Latin American and Caribbean Community Center, League
of Humane Voters of New York, Occupy Wall Street Arts and Culture
Working Group, Occupy Wall Street Direct Action Working Group, Occupy
Wall Street Trade Justice Working Group, Penley Global Law., Peruvians
in Action New York, Rev. Earl Koopercamp (St. Mary's Church West
Occupy Wall Street's phony "friend" Charlie Rangel just voted for trade
agreements that will:
- encourage corporations to outsource 159,000 US jobs, many to sweatshops.
- prohibit critical regulations designed to prevent the financial sector
from causing another economic collapse.
- help corporations avoid paying taxes by hiding money in Panamanian banks.
- help Colombian narcoterrorist paramilitaries launder money in those
same Panamanian banks.
- vastly expand factory farm agriculture at the expense of the
environment, animal welfare, family farmers, and public health.
- limit access to life-saving generic drugs for the poor.
- exacerbate displacement and human rights violations against Panama's
- allow foreign corporations to bring suits in international tribunals
to attack the US, Panama, and South Korea's labor, environmental, and
other public interest laws.
- continue violations of the human rights of workers in Panama.
- obligate South Korea to lower its auto emissions standards for US
cars, exacerbating climate change.
-require South Korea to allow genetically modified US food to be
imported, in spite of a national ban on GM foods.
- increase corporate exploitation of Panama's endangered rainforests.
Don't let Rangel exploit Occupy Wall Street to improve his image at the
same time that he is selling out to Wall Street!