|Subject: Re: [GlobalRevolutionMedia] Re: [september17discuss] WINTER AT LIBERTY PLAZA|
|From: Andrea Ciannavei |
|Date: Sat, 29 Oct 2011 17:10:21 -0400|
|CC: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org|
Agreed, the "ask" is not "please come to Liberty Park" -- we don't need bodies there as much as we need:
1) Please drop off winter gear donations needed, as outlined in the list below. (I don't understand what the problem with dropping off stuff at the UFT building is - that has been the OWS storage space for several weeks now, it is where everything is being stored and sorted and it is where we need materials ASAP. If that is a big problem please go straight to the Comfort Station inside the park, but that effs up our systems a bit, better to go to OWS storage space at 52 Broadway.
2) Plan for opening up homes or indoor spaces for folks to sleep tonight. I'm not on this...anyone else? Status update?
Also: if materials can't be donated today/tonight, or tomorrow, they can be shipped (or purchased and arranged delivery) to this address:
118a Fulton St
PO Box 205
NY NY 10038
Dropping off in person:
Daily until 9pm at the United Federation of Teachers building, ground floor, 52 Broadway Ave.
After 9pm at the OWS Comfort Station on the east side of Liberty Square (aka Zuccotti Park)
On Sat, Oct 29, 2011 at 4:56 PM, Victoria Sobel <email@example.com> wrote:marissa i think more than getting people down here we need a solid plan for where to put people tonight. ive been here all day and we'll be fine but i have very SERIOUS concerns for a majority of the park that is not as well prepared. yes we do need all those supplies but moreso we need to start moving bodies. there will be enough people hold the space.
On Sat, Oct 29, 2011 at 4:41 PM, beka economopoulos <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
Hi, here is a list of urgent needs:
- insulated gloves, wool hats, scarves
- long underwear / smart wool thermal socks
- 300 hand warmers, 300 foot warmers
- waterproof boots in all sizes
- disposable shoe covers
- winter coats
- hot beverages
- thermal heaters
- all weather sub-thermal sleeping bags
- insulating tents; foam padding for inside of tents
- wooden pallets to get tents off the ground
- cots to get people off the ground
It sounds like we have plywood for pallets and some tarps lined up for today. Have 160 sub-zero sleeping bags that were just delivered today but need more! The hand warmers and foot warmers would be greatly appreciated ASAP. Winter gear, waterproof boots of all sizes, disposable shoe covers, mens/women's long underwear, cots are all needed.
Items can be dropped off today and tomorrow (or all week) until 9pm at 52 Broadway where we have ground floor storage in the United Federation of Teachers building.
After 9pm donations can go to the Comfort station on the east side of Liberty Park (aka zuccotti park).
BekaOn Sat, Oct 29, 2011 at 4:21 PM, email@example.com <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
---------- Original Message ----------
From: Marisa Holmes <email@example.com>
Subject: Re: [september17discuss] WINTER AT LIBERTY PLAZA
Date: Sat, 29 Oct 2011 23:19:47 +0300
People Need the Following:Emergency BlanketsDry Socks, Gloves, and HatsPayless gift certificates for ShoesTowelsPlastic Bins3 post tentsIn solidarity,�Marisa2011/10/29 Conor Tom�Reed <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Big ditto to Marisa's call, but let's also be sure to notify the camp that this is only a brief snow-flash. Next week will get warmer, so we'll have some time to figure out winter plans.
-ConorOn Sat, Oct 29, 2011 at 4:12 PM, Marisa Holmes <email@example.com> wrote:Hi everyone!There is urgent support needed at Liberty Plaza.�Winter has hit hard, and it is cold and wet.�The occupiers request that everyone come�as soon as possible to help with the transition.�Reach out to your networks.�This is a crucial turning point in the struggle.�I have been at home in front of my computer,�but I'm going back to streets.�I hope to see you there.�In solidarity,�Marisa�
--Not An Alternative
--Not An Alternative
|< PREV||INDEX||SEARCH||NEXT >|