I'm for moving tonight's meeting to Tuesday, especially because it
didn't get posted online. I'll send out an e-mail now and go to the
Atrium at 7 to tell anyone who shows up.
On 11/06/2011 02:34 PM, Leia-lee Doran wrote:
I'm in agreement with the meeting moving. But just for
clarification, does that mean that we're moving tonight's
meeting or will this take effect for next week?
Moving the meeting to Tuesday also seems beneficial for the sake
of taking information / modifying proposals from Monday Spokes
to prep for the next spokes meeting.
On Sun, Nov 6, 2011 at 11:52 AM,
Christian Smith-Socaris <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Sorry for the late notice (and it seems to have dropped
off the events list), but tonight is the weekly
communications cluster meeting at 7pm at the Atrium in
60 Wall St. We made a bunch of progress last meeting,
but still haven't made it all the way through the audience analysis chart.
Also, attendance at the meeting is dwindling:( Right
now the meeting conflicts with a Internet WG meeting and
I'm guessing people are fried by the end of the weekend
and don't want to finish with a late meeting. I'm going
to propose that we move the meeting to Tuesday at 7pm,
right after the Info WG meeting. How do people feel
Notes from last meeting (also included in the audience
1. The Spokescouncil has come up with a way to
catagorize working groups so the website can just follow
that; we don't have to float our own proposal.
2. We went through about a third of the audience analysis chart and came
up with the following takeaways:
- Outreach is doing inreach to link occupiers
- Want to get liaisons for each group [Drew
(Open Source), Ronnie (Outreach)] - ? was this for
internet, info or the cluster; can't remember?
- Reach people without internet and who can't
go to the park easily: Information hotline with
events/announcements. Info will own.
- The community relations hotline is also
getting lots of general questions - we should push
these people to the website and/or record some basic
FAQs on the outgoing message.
- Need to write up and distribute the process
for getting materials printed by outreach.
[Jonathan will draft and distribute]
- Info and Outreach will collaborate on general
orientations for new working groups. Leia is
producing a pamphlet of info for WGs as well.
- Social Media: we should have structure for
naming handles and hash tags. Should we also have
shared accounts [Christian has ows_movement and
ows_nycga that could be used collectively]. Training
is most important to get more people using sm.
Also, we could feed the RSS of the events page to
twitter. DiceyTroop had a meeting about tweeting
and we need to get looped into that conversation.
- Good to have an online database of groups
active in NYC communities (though there are
- We need to get basic info into the top
section of each working groups' nycga.net group page. Also
need to expose it all and remove [more] link. [Kevin
will get info]
On 10/29/2011 05:55 PM, Christian Smith-Socaris wrote:
We will have the second Communications Cluster
meeting tomorrow, Oct 30 at 7pm in the Atrium at 60
The Cluster meeting is an opportunity for people
active in cluster working groups to work on issues
relevant to all groups and help coordinate our
efforts. This meeting will be a continuation of our
last where we will further discuss our key audiences,
they're information needs and our plan for filling
Last time we mapped audiences and needs to get a
better sense of what our overall communications needs
are. You can find the grid here. See sheet 2 of that doc
for action items coming out of the meeting.
Other items from last meeting:
We also discussed catagorizing the groups listed on
the site so that people can find what they're looking
for better. Jake and Leia are taking that on and will
send a provisional breakdown to WGs seeking feedback
on any group that feels miscategorized.
We also discussed the need to get a list management
tool and cooperating on recruiting volunteers.
Christian and others are focusing on making CiviCRM
our solution for this.
Several people are interested in setting up project
management tools for the working groups and will be
working on getting a trial collabpress module up as a
Hope to see you on Sunday (tomorrow)!