Tech ops is currently seeking mobile platform developers to begin development of such an application. There is a wealth of ideas and methods of implentation available but a first step is collecting actual developer resources so we can determine a platform for development, with the hope of creating one framework-product that will work on most android/iphone/blackberry devices. After we have gathered a list of development-programmer resources we will conveign a series of meetings to hash out the best platform solution. After a universal platform is chosen we can engage in the idea exchange of features and advisories. The goal at this time is not to change a single thing about GA process, but to compliment it 1:1 for our beta app.
I'm attaching an example concept mock-up of a system proposed utilizing professional voting keypads at a cost of $13/ea. We are getting a demo system of a few commercial audience polling systems from replysystems.com
, and clickapad.com
but we are seeking to also develop our own unique smartphone solution using WIFI for the long-term. Part of this smartphone platform is ensuring that we have enough devices for everyone to participate, which will involve donations of older smartphones from the public. Our hope is that the publics generocity will be suplimented by donations from manufacturers/retailers. Those that have a compatible smartphone will be able to use it, but whose who do not--we wil make them readily available. At this time there is no discussion as to whether this will be adopted by the GA, we merely want to present the option and develop it with the hopes of it being accepted. There are no guarantees.
Anyone who has experience developing mobile applications please email me email@example.com
On Wed, Oct 26, 2011 at 2:06 AM, Naqeeb Memon <firstname.lastname@example.org>
I would like to propose that we build an iOS / Android app that will allow Occupy Wall St (OWS) to be directly connected to the people and help grow the movement. Facebook is a great tool but a Facebook Post / Event don't have the same reach as an app installed on a user's phone and tweets are lost in the stream. Please review and provide any feedback/requests/comments:
- Allow Users to follow/participate in OWS events in their prospective cities. We will begin with NY and expand to other cities.
- Notify Users of the next OWS planned protest through notifications, events etc.
- Notify OWS of arrests during the protest. The user will be able to report an individual arrest or their own arrest
- Allow OWS to share latest updates/content/requests with users in their prospective cities.
- Reach out to the Media Work Group to get their feedback and feature requests
- Prototype iOS / Android functionality and look and feel with OWS Design.
- Find developers
Ows_solutions mailing list