You are receiving this message because your e-m
ail was listed as a contact person for an OWS group and we had previously set up an email forwarder for you with an @nycga.net
address. We have good news: your group is about to get its own private mailbox!
What you need to know:
What you need to do:
- Starting next Tuesday night 11/15/11, emails coming to your group's email address (firstname.lastname@example.org) will no longer be forwarded and will instead arrive at your group's new Gmail-style inbox.
- This will be a shared inbox, so any group members that have the log-in information can log in to send emails from and read all emails to your group's email address.
- The mailbox will look and feel just like Gmail, so most of it will already be very familiar to many of you!
- We hope you’ll use this as a shared inbox, but if you still want emails forwarded to individual users, you will be able to set this up using gmail filters.
- Besides email, you'll be able to use this @nycga.net account for Google Docs, Spreadsheets, Groups, and more.
We hope this will be a useful change for everyone, and we want to strongly encourage all of you to switch over and begin publicizing and actively using this new, more standardized, email address. We expect it will really help people find you and contact you easily. If you have any questions, just ask!
- Log in to your new account. Your initial log-in information will be arriving via a separate message shortly following this email. It will ask you to change the password upon your first log-in. This is the password that everyone from your group will need in order to have access to the group mailbox.
- You will be able access your mailbox at any time by going to: http://mail.nycga.net.
- If you do not sign in to your new NYCGA.net account before Tuesday, we will assume you are not checking this email address anymore and we will close your account.