|From:||Vlad T <email@example.com>|
|Sent time:||Tuesday, October 18, 2011 12:23:46 PM|
|To:||firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Subject:||[GlobalRevolutionMedia] Fwd: Chatroom guidelines|
|Attachments:||Proposed guidelines for OWS livestream chatroom moderators.docx|
Proposed Guidelines for OWS Livestream Chatroom Participants and Moderators
The OWS livestream chatroom is an open forum for discussion. Anyone, anywhere in the world has a right to participate.
· Ask questions
· Answer questions
· Post links
· Respectfully express their opinions
· Write in the language of their choice
Participants MAY NOT:
· Make racist, sexist, or prejudiced remarks, or post links to sources of that nature.
· Directly insult other chat room participants or moderators.
· Request that other chat room participants be banned.
· Attempt to disrupt or monopolize the chat room conversation. This includes:
1. Repeatedly posting the same message.
2. Consistently using caps, bold, italic or underlined words to monopolize the chat space.
· Use bold lettering to help their identification in the chat room.
· Ban participants that are neglecting to follow the chat room guidelines.
· Use the “clear previous chat messages” option, sparingly.
· Express their independent opinions.
· Follow the same guidelines as participants.
· Respectfully enforce participant guidelines in the chat room.
· Warn a chat participant at least once before banning them and inform them as to why and for how long they may be banned.
· Act independently in deciding to ban participants, i.e – not in response to the requests of other participants.
Moderators MAY NOT:
· Ban any participant “forever”.
· Exclude, insult or ban any participant based on their attitude or opinions.
· Claim that their opinions, statements or the information they choose to give is representative of the entire OWS movement.
· When possible, there should always be more than one moderator in the chatroom.
· Suggested response to questions by participants, i.e:
Participant: “Moderator, what does the OWS think of xyz?”
Moderator: “I am not a spokesperson for the OWS, but I personally think that abc…”/or/ “I don’t know, I do not represent the collective sentiments of the OWS”.
|< PREV||INDEX||SEARCH||NEXT >|