|From:||Victoria Sobel <firstname.lastname@example.org>|
|Sent time:||Tuesday, October 25, 2011 2:29:03 PM|
|Subject:||Re: [GlobalRevolutionMedia] #LIVESTREAM - Healthcare rally|
I sent and email earlier but didn't get a reply. The Healthcare for the 99% is having and event this Wednesday and is looking for support in live-streaming. Who is down for it?
Here is what they have:
Wednesday, October 26th: Get Wall Street out of Healthcare!!
Speakout and March Against the Health Insurance Industry
· 4:00pm Open Speakout - come share your personal struggles with our healthcare system
· 4:30pm March Against the Health Insurance Industry
· 4:30pm - Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield / One Liberty Plaza: located across the street from Zuccotti park, Empire is a subsidiary of WellPoint, the largest publicly-traded health insurance company. CEO Angela Braley's overall compensation is $13.1 million dollars, enough to cover 1455 New Yorkers.
· 5:30pm - WellCare / 110 5th Ave: the for-profit company that administers Medicaid and Medicare Advantage programs in New York and other states. Currently being investigated for fraud with estimates that WellCare illegally siphoned $400 million to $600 million from state health insurance programs for the poor. (1)
· 6pm - St Vincent's Community Hospital / 12th St & 7th Ave: closed earlier this year due to bankruptcy, St Vincent’s is a casualty of profit-driven insurers and a healthcare system that leaves 50 million Americans uninsured. There are now no hospitals on the westside below 57th st.
thank you very much,
Kalabash Food Coop
|< PREV||INDEX||SEARCH||NEXT >|