The OccupyWallSt.org telecom fund at just received a very generous donation of $200. We'd like to put this money to good use by offering the following free services to organizers.
What free services are available?
- Forwarding numbers. This is useful if you need a number that forwards to multiple people. Or maybe you don't feel comfortable sharing your real phone number. Or maybe you don't trust Google Voice. We have a way to make private outbound calls too that works like a calling card. We can also make the calls forward to your phone appear as "unavailable" to ensure the privacy of the people calling you. We can add voice changing too if you want lol.
- Voicemail Box. We can set up a number people can call into to leave messages.
- Conference Bridges. If you want to hold a meeting by phone, I'll assign you a number people call into to chat. These numbers can also be password protected.
- Call Recording, This is legal in legal in New York. I imagine it might be useful for recording police encounters (without a smart phone or video cameras) but I'm uneducated about the law in this area. I'm not sure if I should be offering this because people coerce innocent demonstrators into saying something that could be used against them in court. Could anyone please comment? Also is it legal in New York to put your phone on speaker to record police encounters?
- We have public conference bridges available for people who want to have meetings by phone that are live streamed on the web.
All calls are routed by our private dedicated server and we use Flowroute as our telecom provider.
Email us if you're interested :) Please also let us know how long you'll need the service.